Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wendyphobia

So it appears my very existence causes incredible fear, uncertainty, discomfort, discord, unrest and even some feelings of hatred.  These are not happy feelings. It bothers me a lot that I inspire them in some people - simply because I exist in the life of my roommate, someone I care very deeply about.

It has always been my desire to have someone act in a certain way towards me out of respect. Who wouldn't want this? But this is not respect. This is blind, unfair judgment. And it bothers me a lot. What also bothers me are how these assumptions and judgments affect my roommate.

I am a kind person. A good person. A fair and caring person. I try to be unselfish, understanding and supportive. These are the qualities I would like to have considered when deciding what I'm all about. Not feelings based on assumptions and zero effort to get to know who I am and who I am not.

 I know I've made my share of mistakes, times when I could have and should have shown more concern and respect for others and their feelings. Maybe this is just Karma coming back around in a very funky and convoluted way.

What I do know is that I wish there was something I could do or say to help ease this Wendyphobia. I really hate being viewed as the opponent and the enemy. And it frustrates me how those phobic feelings by some affect the lives of others I care about.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I know who you're talking about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, at least one of the two I am referring to. And the most recent. This isn't the first time. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete