Monday, November 28, 2011

Good Things

About this same time last year, I was trying really hard to find peace and understanding in a very difficult change of events that involved my roommate and her new girlfriend. I remember at one very difficult point for me I thought something to the effect of "If for some reason things don't work out between these two, and my roommate then finds another girlfriend, I don't think I can do this again. This is too hard and painful and I will have to leave one way or another."

So it's interesting as I sit here now, my roommate and her gf did not work out. And now my roommate has a new interest. But for what ever reason, this time things are not painful to me like they were before. I'm not sure why. Maybe most of the hard learning and acceptance of change is past. But maybe it's simply a matter of who this new interest is. She's a really nice person and willing to accept me in the life of my roommate. Willing to be friends. But what ever the reason, I feel more secure and more okay than I did this time last year. And that's a good thing.

2 comments: