Thursday, October 31, 2013

I'm Okay. Really.

The last couple of posts, especially the most recent one, maybe made it sound like I was really, really struggling. That's not entirely true. I shared that last post, I guess, as an example of how difficult this issue of living as a gay Mormon can be.

This is a complex issue. And any decisions that are made, are made within the realm of that complexity.

I've made some new decisions in my life recently. Those decisions bring with them a new and unknown path and journey. But that decision still feels right. Still feels like it's where I need to go. I'm just not sure where everything will fall out, and/or fall into place. That unknown  brings a sense of uncertainty. But there is also a measure of peace that I haven't really experienced before. A different kind of peace. A peace that says, even though this is a decision I never thought I'd would make, it's okay. And I'm okay.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about making choices you never thought you'd make. I'm still waiting for the peace to come, but I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete