Monday, December 13, 2010

Trust and Hope

Two positive words. Two words our Savior uses a lot. We read about trusting in the Lord. Having faith and hope.

I'm one that has a lot of hope. When I first began going through this process of figuring out I was same-sex-attracted, I had hope that everything would be okay. That I could find peace and meaning in my life. I went through several group therapy sessions, and continued to hang onto that hope, and tried to share it with the other women in my groups. It wasn't hard for me to have hope. Because I know and trust in the Lord and His promises. I don't always see the pathway before me, but I trust and hope and therefor know it will be what I need in order to learn and grow.

Trust. Hope. I still have those things in the Savior. And they have and continue to get me through tough times. And there are tough times to be sure. Sometimes that pathway before me is less clear, more foggy, more unknown, uncertain. And I find I have to double my effort to keep that trust and hope alive that things will work out the way they are supposed to. That even when things are hard, and uncertain, and confusing, if I just keep moving forward, trying to maintain my trust in the Savior, that things will go as they need to, and the peace and joy in my life will be there. 

When I was younger I had a series of scriptures that I would quote over and over in my mind when I felt most down, most hurting or alone.

John 14:27 
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Proverbs 3: 5-6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Matthew 11: 29-30
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Alma 36:3
Whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.

Alma 36: 27
And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me.

I'm sure there were others, but these are the ones that stand out to me now. Trust in the Lord. Let Him share your burden. Seek for His peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment