Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Journal Entry - September 11, 2001

"First thing this morning as I am driving to my class, I hear on the news that 2 planes were flown into the World Trade Towers. Two others were hijacked. One was flown into the Pentagon in D.C. and the other crashed....

After the planes were flown into the trade towers, both towers collapsed - within 30 minutes of each other. The World Trade Towers. The two of them can have upwards of 50,000 people in them. There is no way they all got out. I am sure thousands were killed....It absolutely blows my mind....These were innocent people...

All flights into and within the US were stopped until noon tomorrow. The entire nation is shut down....

And in addition to that I am dealing with a bit of a personal emotional crisis. But more on that another day. Let's just say things that I thought I had under control have been thrown into my face to where I am not sure about that anymore."


September 13, 2001

"The last word is that around 4,700 people are missing - missing because they still have not been able to sort through all of the debris from the buildings....Around 300 rescue and fire fighters are missing - those who first went into the buildings to get people out....

I have an interview with the Bishop on Sunday. I am going to try to tell him the inner struggle I have been having lately. Finally tonight I am feeling some peace about it. I trust in the Savior and in the atonement. I can be healed - and normal, good feelings can then emerge."



September 14, 2001

"Today was a National Day of Remembrance. All over the country, people gathered together at various times and in various ways to remember the loss, and pray for the suffering and for the country.

My prayer is that we will never forget this. That we will take this, and learn and grow, and have more love, more acceptance, more kindness to others. More looking and turning to God as individuals and as a Nation.... It was a day that shattered the Nation, and brought us all a lot closer together...

This has been a personal time for healing for me. Sunday I have an interview with the Bishop to discuss some issues and struggles I have been facing. It is time to open up, to confess, to heal... to be honest with myself, to be honest with others, to be honest with God."

No comments:

Post a Comment