Thursday, February 10, 2011

Journal Entry - September 15, 2001

"More tomorrow, but I wanted to jot this down so I don't forget: I accept other people even though I may not, and often don't agree with or support their lifestyle."


September 16, 2001 (Sunday)

"Annette (roommate) and I talked late into the night last night. A lot about what I wrote above. I think it is great that we can both be living such different lives, and still be able to accept and support one another. And be able to talk about so many things.

I spoke to the Bishop today - what a feeling of peace, and of a burden being lifted. He is going to find out about a counselor for me to see - to help me work through some things - to give me extra amo against the adversary.

I have never gone to counseling - and am a little apprehensive. I guess in a way it makes me feel weak, or unfaithful, un-trusting. Like I don't trust the Lord's ability to heal me, just through me working and trusting in Him. But then again, the Lord often works through other people. And I prayed today that the Bishop would know what to do and say to help me - and this was his counsel. So I will follow it."

1 comment:

  1. Ended up being pretty good counsel, huh. Funny how that works. :)

    ReplyDelete