Monday, June 6, 2011

Nice and Simple

So here's the thing. I'm not a big or deep thinker. My life is pretty quiet, simple. I'm very easy going. I do get caught up in things sometimes that are difficult for me, and require some deep soul searching. But for the most part, things just kind of roll off my back.

I'm feeling pretty darn content at the moment. Which is a great feeling since the past 9 months or so have been pretty difficult here and there. It's been one of those times when I deal with something that steals my peace away for a while, until I get it figured out. It took some heart and mind shifts. Some expectation shifts. And a few attitude adjustments. All of those things were necessary for me. They have helped me be a more stable, grounded person. I like that.

My roommate and I were visiting with one of her friends the other day. The friend was asking my roomie how things were going with her and a recent breakup with a girlfriend. During this chat my roomie made some comment about me, which prompted the friend to ask me about my experiences, my journey with this whole thing (the roommate/girlfriend thing). As I recounted my story, I was surprised to find myself brought to tears. I was a little embarrassed, but ultimately it was very healing, very cleansing to finally just let it all out from start to finish and recognize the changes and learning I had made. It helped me reaffirm the grounding I had found once again. And firmly established my level of contentedness at the moment.

As with most trials and difficult situations I find myself in, this was another opportunity to look inside, dig deep, root out some garbage, and take a fresh look at life. Even though those things are hard to do, I love the end results they bring. I love the peace and easiness I experience after going through hard times and emerging out the other side with a fresh look.

And now, once again, I can enjoy my easy, good nature.

3 comments:

  1. I bet you have a lot of curious readers now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what there is to be too curious about. I went through a rough spot, now am feeling pretty rooted and grounded again.

    ReplyDelete