Thursday, July 28, 2011

Moving to the Island

I've started my new job out at "The Island". I am currently in the process of moving into one of the houses out there to save on commute time and gas money.

It's a bitter-sweet move.

Bitter because this is my home. My family is right here in this house. I love them and will miss them terribly when I'm gone. Worried that maybe absence actually makes the heart grow forgetful rather than fonder. Especially when the person you are afraid might grow forgetful has someone else to turn to and loves to be with. I worry that the love of having me around and in her life will grow dim.

Sweet because it will save a couple hundred dollars a month on gas. It will save on wear and tear with the car. It will shorten my commute from 60 minutes to 2, which will be awesome. It will be really cool to live out on the Island with all that wildlife and incredible sunrises and sunsets. It will be sweet to be able to hop on my bike and bike around without having to worry about traffic.

When I'm all settled in, you are all welcome to come take an island vacation, and stay in my 5 bedroom Island House. The views are incredible.

1 comment:

  1. I love island living! No traffic, everything is know more than five-minutes away, casual people etc. If you are ever in Alaska come to the Emerald Island.

    ReplyDelete